The Root Cellar sincerely appreciates our donors and their thoughtfulness in contributing to our ministry. In making decisions as to what items to donate, please remember that The Root Cellar is a non-profit ministry not funded by the State, City, or Federal Government and we cannot afford to discard unusable or outdated items. Below are a few guidelines to help you in determining which items to donate.
- The following is a list of items that we are unable to accept as a donation:
- Large Appliances & large televisions
- Car Seats, Play Pens, Cribs
- Adult videotapes, books, or cassettes
- Used stuffed animals
- Opened personal care items
- Air conditioners
- Soiled items (i.e. stained, damaged clothing, used plungers or other cleaning implements)
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS OUTSIDE OUR BUILDING
Thank you in advance for your consideration. Items that do not fall into the above categories are usually acceptable if in good condition (examples: clothing, household goods, small appliances, office supplies, sporting equipment, etc.)
DROP OFF INFORMATION
Standard Hours: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Deliver to our main entrance at 94 Washington Avenue and someone in the office will assist you.
*If these days or hours are not feasible, please feel free to drop items off Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.